About SunShyne

Hallo!! šŸ‘‹šŸ½

I’ve had this blog page like forever but haven’t published much.
I’m sure bloggers all have the same thoughts…
“Why would anyone care about what I have to say, or what goes on in my life?”
Well I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t care and that I’m gona tell you any way! Lol

Warmest Greetings, I’m Sun! I’m in my 30’s and studying to be a midwife.
I am blessed to be training to work in a profession that I have so much love and passion for. I can’t see myself doing anything else.
The journey here hasn’t been easy but I’m sure you’ll get a idea of it throughout my posts. I have always written diaries and journals. I find it therapeutic. So when I started training I looked for midwifery/babycatcher blogs from people with similar backgrounds to mine to help me navigate this huge change in my life. I’m African Caribbean (or Black) born in the U.K., a mother of two wonderful children, a lone/widowed-ish parent, I suffer with Depression and Anxiety but I also play netball and am a trade union activist with UNISON. I did find a few blogs that ticked one or two of the boxes but not all.(obviously!) So, the responsibility became mine!! I must fill this gap! Teehee!

I make no apologies for my opinions or thoughts, use of profanities, or harshness or random positivity (it annoys some people!) My view of the world is mine. You’re a big girl/boy, read at your own risk. They are formed from my experiences, past and present that make me who I am and I am 80% proud of me! (I’m still working on the other 20%) They may or may not be recommended or endorsed by NICE, the RCM, NMC, Unison or any other regulated organisation (I will normally include a reference if so) but they are mine – influenced heavily by my wonderful family and circle of sistahs (blood and otherwise) that keep me standing and grounded, strong and unbreakable, laughing and crying. I’m a blessed gal.

I like using brackets….get used to it, I lol a lot, again get used to it and I’m a bit too honest sometimes….

If you’re on a similar journey, I hope this blog helps, just as some of yours have helped me. If not, I hope you enjoy anyway. šŸ˜˜

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s